Author Topic: One Of Them  (Read 5473 times)

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Galavant Garde - Dark Electro Disco Pop
    • Email
Re: One Of Them
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2018, 04:14:27 PM »
Latest update - I realised side-scroll mode is limited to the X axis only, which would mean I'd have to build levels with ledges/cliffs/whatever all facing the same direction.  Which is sad.  So I modded the engine adding side-scroll input from X/X-reversed/Z/Z-reversed axes! Here's a little snap taken out the side of the prison:

So you can be running around in 3rd person view with FPP input mode, jump out a window or whatever, and regardless of which direction you're facing or the ledge is pointing, you can land on that ledge and switch to side-scroll mode.  Walk left means walk left, and walk right means walk right, regardless of the player's orientation! Small thing I know, but it adds a lot in terms of gameplay dynamic - a lot more so than other bits I experimented with like yelling into vents and knocking out lights

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2018, 01:32:06 PM »
https://youtu.be/IUqLXE6Ywe4 redid the opening sequence, a bit shorter and (I think) better

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
Fixing up the zombie model, better or worse?

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2018, 06:03:07 AM »
Focusing on making everything look better at the mo...dark pictures I know, but the player and bot models have been redone with better UV mapping, and I've adjusted the geometry around joints to make for less jagged body parts when they move around.  Still have a few odd triangle shadows around the lower back which I need to improve...getting there