Author Topic: One Of Them  (Read 689 times)

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Galavant Garde - Dark Electro Disco Pop
    • Email
Re: One Of Them
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 09:01:02 AM »
Dilapidated petrol station on the side of the freeway:

c^5

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 11:50:19 PM »
I really like the atmosphere the background of the gas station pictures. I recently read Time Out of Joint and it really reminds me of one of the scenes from later in the book for some reason (minus the Zombie  :) ).
Quote from: Brian Barnes
What's mine is mine, and what's steve's belongs to me.

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 12:40:59 AM »
Dystopia 🤙 That kind of unravelling of the world around you theme is what I want to emulate in this game, because the player gets to see just how messed up & cruel the humans really are. A dark & crumbling world totally helps to illustrate that actually, but I didn't have that in mind when I started making it...just thought it looked cool. So now that you mention Time Out Of Joint, my brain is like ARGH with ideas, thanks!! I'm gonna stick with this aesthetic & use it to illustrate the eroding facade of civilisation (deep stuff)

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 07:08:22 AM »
Little update - creating a node network for the bots to navigate in the new freeway map.  Going to make a blockade somewhere along the road forcing you to have to find a way around

I think I'll need to add a routine to the bots too so they use their flashlights when they're in the dark, not just to see you when you're in the dark.  Otherwise they walk around in the dark and you can't really see them until its too late.

Anyway I'll keep posting as stuff develops

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: Today at 01:54:06 PM »
So I finally sorted out my web host - I can now upload large files!  Meaning now that Dropbox public folders have been retired, I can post download links again!

Here's the latest playable beta of the game - http://galavantgarde.net/oneofthem/OneOfThem.zip