Author Topic: Web-Shooter Alpha 3  (Read 922 times)

ggadwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Klink! Software
Web-Shooter Alpha 3
« on: May 04, 2016, 06:13:11 PM »
This is an update that I put up just so I can get some testing done by some folks on different systems.  There's some fun stuff to look at, but I'm really just in the weeds trying to put together all the parts of the system I need, so there won't be a lot of updates as I just do the hard work of making a game.

http://www.klinksoftware.com/ws/

As always, I recommend newest Chrome or FF.  It's slow in Safari, and you can't do free look.  Changes:

1. Free look and mouse control
2. Because mouse hiding/relative movement can only be activated by a click, the game now has a paused state (of which it starts)
3. Lots of bug fixes and updates
4. Slightly improved modeling
5. Improved door placement so they aren't in the middle of empty areas
6. Lots of improvement to collisions and monster sizes
7. Monsters can have projectiles now
8. Started the necessary parts for randomized projectiles/weapons/monster AI (not functioning yet)
9. Implemented health

It's getting to be something a bit more playable now.

[>] Brian

`teh1

• OOK Dev
  • Global Moderator
  • Behold(Eventually): OOK
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flagoworld
    • View Profile
    • Spiral Nebula Development
    • Email
Re: Web-Shooter Alpha 3
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 08:39:22 PM »
Neato. I get a lot of random framerate spazzes, or something. Sometimes mouse control gets really choppy when the frame rate doesn't seem to change.

Collision boxes are a little big and sliding doesn't work so well.

Much improved with the mouse control though.
~Ryan

http://spiralnebuladev.com/ || Visit Spiral Nebula Development

Oddity007 wrote:
`teh1: 1) I must go get my chicken wings, like all men with african ancestry 2) I shall blog about dat.

ggadwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Klink! Software
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 10:34:22 AM »
Neato. I get a lot of random framerate spazzes, or something. Sometimes mouse control gets really choppy when the frame rate doesn't seem to change.

Collision boxes are a little big and sliding doesn't work so well.

Much improved with the mouse control though.

Yeah, I'm on the bleeding edge of a lot of things, here.  The mouse can be jumpy for what seems like no reason (I can probably smooth to fix that) and while I think I've got most of the GC stuff dealt with it can still get ... weird ... at times.

[>] Brian

ggadwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Klink! Software
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 01:39:45 PM »
FYI updates.

Finally got a bit more time to hack away at this.  Being such an early effort, I'm just kind of picking pieces here and there, but I've added a couple other things, mostly sky boxes and open ceilings (and eventually windows but not yet) and sunken areas of the map (plus stairs and lifts for those areas) that will eventually contain liquids.  Back to working on making sure it can make some decent maps.

[>] Brian