Author Topic: walking VS running  (Read 2089 times)

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Galavant Garde - Dark Electro Disco Pop
    • Email
walking VS running
« on: January 09, 2015, 06:37:36 AM »
Oh hai again, you know how you can set an object's walk speed and their run speed separately?  Well, I can't quite work out how to get an object, say an enemy, to switch between walking and running.  There's an obj.motionVector command for walking to nodes, but none for running to nodes.  Also there's an obj.status command that lets you know whether the object is running, but not one to let you know if it's walking.  Is it possible to get an object to switch between walking and running?  Or will I just have to manually set the object script to change obj.forwardSpeed.walk depending on if I want it to walk or run?

ggadwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Klink! Software
Re: walking VS running
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »
Oh hai again, you know how you can set an object's walk speed and their run speed separately?  Well, I can't quite work out how to get an object, say an enemy, to switch between walking and running.  There's an obj.motionVector command for walking to nodes, but none for running to nodes.  Also there's an obj.status command that lets you know whether the object is running, but not one to let you know if it's walking.  Is it possible to get an object to switch between walking and running?  Or will I just have to manually set the object script to change obj.forwardSpeed.walk depending on if I want it to walk or run?

Yup -- walking and running are a user-controlled object setting, other objects walk at their own speed.  You are free to adjust the forward speed at anytime and it will change to that.  I think (I'll have to recheck the code) that some of the demo code does that, especially when bots are trying to reach spots where they might overshot them or doing other things where they need to be a bit slower.

[>] Brian