Author Topic: Ragdoll?  (Read 2915 times)

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Galavant Garde - Dark Electro Disco Pop
    • Email
Ragdoll?
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:04:01 PM »
I'm sure I can remember rag doll mode being a new Dim3 thing once upon a time but I can't seem to find it in the APIs...is it still a thing?

ggadwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Klink! Software
Re: Ragdoll?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 02:14:33 PM »
I'm sure I can remember rag doll mode being a new Dim3 thing once upon a time but I can't seem to find it in the APIs...is it still a thing?

Yup, but it needs some work (almost all in extra stuff the project guy would have to do, like telling the extend that bones can move and such.)  As a general shift bones away from force it works.  It's not in the docs (will add), but here's the calls (on xxx.model.animation.)

* added xxx.model.animation.ragDollStart(forcePos,force,needReset,msec) to start rag dolls
 * added xxx.model.animation.ragDollRandom(needReset,msec) to start random rag dolls
 * added xxx.model.animation.ragDollClear() to clear rag doll changes

[>] Brian

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Galavant Garde - Dark Electro Disco Pop
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 03:11:42 PM »
Thanks Brian!!  8)

My dream is that dead enemies will go limp and tumble over in the direction they got shot instead of having to make specific animations depending on the hit box and hit angle, will let you know how I get on  ;D

ggadwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Klink! Software
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:08:13 AM »
Thanks Brian!!  8)

My dream is that dead enemies will go limp and tumble over in the direction they got shot instead of having to make specific animations depending on the hit box and hit angle, will let you know how I get on  ;D

It should be good enough for that, but there isn't a lot of specific collision in it.  Give it a shot, and then I can see what updates need to be done!

[>] Brian