Author Topic: How 2 set bones?  (Read 2351 times)

Joseph Girty

• View Profile
    • chaos bros films
    • Email
How 2 set bones?
« on: December 29, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
When setting up a skeleton for a character is there an easier way to move the bones into position than entering numbers into the string box? Can you somehow drag them into position? Also, what does (set bone do?) Also, How do you attach the verts to bones?
gamer, lover, film maker

ggadwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Klink! Software
Re: How 2 set bones?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
Do you mean edit the bones in a pose, or just the neutral bones (the regular skeleton with no animation?)  If you are in a pose, selecting a bone will give you the 3D axises of which you can either lengthen/shorten the bone or rotate it, depending on the rotate/move tools on the toolbar.

Setting a bone sets a vertex, or a group of selected vertexes, to a bone.  You can have a major and minor bone set to each vertex, and the factor is how much each bone effects each vertex.  Use some of the stuff on the vertex menu to find unattached vertexes, or to help select vertexes, or to hide others so you can get at the ones you want to select.

[>] Brian

Joseph Girty

• View Profile
    • chaos bros films
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
Do you mean edit the bones in a pose, or just the neutral bones (the regular skeleton with no animation?

I mean the regular skeleton with no animations. When i click "create bone" it appears at 0'0'0' Then i have to poke and hope by inputting values into the string box. Is there a quicker way to build the skeleton?
gamer, lover, film maker

`teh1

• OOK Dev
  • Global Moderator
  • Behold(Eventually): OOK
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flagoworld
    • View Profile
    • Spiral Nebula Development
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 12:01:46 AM »
Select some verts and the bone will appear at the center of them, and be assigned to them if i remember correctly.
~Ryan

http://spiralnebuladev.com/ || Visit Spiral Nebula Development

Oddity007 wrote:
`teh1: 1) I must go get my chicken wings, like all men with african ancestry 2) I shall blog about dat.

Joseph Girty

• View Profile
    • chaos bros films
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 07:53:37 AM »
Select some verts and the bone will appear at the center of them, and be assigned to them if i remember correctly.

That worked! Man, that makes things alot easier.
gamer, lover, film maker