Author Topic: dim3 v24 Release  (Read 28028 times)

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Galavant Garde - Dark Electro Disco Pop
    • Email
Re: dim3 v24 Release
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2018, 02:46:39 PM »
PS took me a while to get to it, but v24 builds and runs just fine in the latest version of Xcode  ;D going to have a tinker with it. Thanks again!!

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2018, 02:22:02 PM »
Scrap that last message - v24 DOES build fine in Xcode9, and the app launches, but it crashes when you load a map... :(

EDIT - I've worked out that it doesn't like when you use strcpy(map->info.name,name); in map.util.main.c...

EDIT 2 - I can stop the crash happening by manually setting the map name instead of using the above command, but then the game doesn't know which map is currently open when I use the map.info.file API in any of my scripts.  So if I instead use the 'name' reference in the map_new function under map.util.main.c (i.e. map->info.name[0]=name;) it slices the first character off the name for some reason. I'll keep digging

EDIT 3 - yeah I can't yet work out how you've linked it all together Brian, so for now I'm having to manually make a new string in the map.util.main.c with the name of the map I want the game to load with. That's fine for me, but I'm gonna keep trying to make it configurable from the project file like it's meant to be (& like it currently is in v24...so odd that this has happened...maybe it's something in the new compiler that works differently).

Meanwhile though, I've upgraded side-scrolling mode! Now there's DIM3_INPUT_MODE_SIDE_SCROLL_X, DIM3_INPUT_MODE_SIDE_SCROLL_X_REV, DIM3_INPUT_MODE_SIDE_SCROLL_Z, and DIM3_INPUT_MODE_SIDE_SCROLL_Z_REV so you can easily switch to side view/mode at any angle...I kinda wanted to make it easy to dynamically change just like when you're climbing ledges on Unchartered. Works like a charm  8)

ggadwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Klink! Software
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2018, 08:27:27 AM »
There's no problem with doing something manually in the code, there's a lot of it there and if it solves the problem, then it solves the problem.  Too much of it makes spaghetti code, but a fix here and there?  That's fine.

[>] Brian

Galavant Garde

• Cayelan Mendoza
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2018, 03:54:36 PM »
Ha, spaghetti code  ;D I fixed it now, all good.